Friday, January 12, 2007

I made a little mistake...

and got my country codes mixed up. From the US, you'll need to dial 011 to get out of the States and into France. I fixed my previous post, but added this one just to make sure. So, my real cell number from the States is: 011-33-6-84-13-17-57. :)

I have now met two of my percussion professors, and Monsieur Fougeroux (snare drum) also seems very nice. The better I get to know the conservatoire (and slowly the other percussionists and professors), the more I like it. I did, however, decide not to play in the Wind Ensemble which rehearses on Saturdays. I'll stick to traveling around Europe instead.

I'm eagerly awaiting next week, when I can register for classes and actually figure out my schedule. I'm maybe not overjoyed about the loads of homework that I know I will have, but it'll be very nice to have my schedule really defined and I can figure out when to go to the conservatoire, when (and where) I can travel, and all that good stuff. Now, however, it's almost time for our French Workshop, where the two French teachers here talk to us (in French) about music and such. Personally, I think it's just a way to keep these seven random music students occupied, but it's probably useful information.

Until next time!

3 comments:

monica said...

It sounds like you're having an amazing time! I agree with your decision to travel around Europe :) Have I mentioned I'm jealous?? I hope you're having a good day!!

Unknown said...

Hi penguin! I didn't think you'd be posting yet, so I haven't checked this blog in a while and I get back to it and BAM! here you are! :-D Strasbourg sounds amazing, and I'm really jealous of that Comm class (not to mention the France thing, but whatever :-P).
>^.^<

Anonymous said...

yay!! hope you get everything figured out and awesome. have a great first day of classes! wait, you already did. MLK day is an american holiday...